PRINCE WILLIAM EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
8510 Bucyrus Ct
Manassas, VA 20110
P (703) 361-2444
F (703) 361-2178
Find Your Rep
Update Your Information
- PWEA Board Position: VEA Board
- Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA
- Current Assignment: Librarian at Stonewall Jackson HS
- Post Secondary Education: Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania, The College of New Jersey, James Madison University
- Education Career: 21 years in PWCS (6 as PWEA President), 28 years in public education
- Became an educator because "I didn't choose education, it chose me, and it is the love affair of a lifetime. (For more on this, please refer to the Virginia Journal of Education, February 2012.)"
- Chose to serve on the PWEA Board of Directors because had it not been for the urging of several groups of members and the support of a few very close friends, Megan would not have sought another term as a board officer. "Apparently members believe I have more work to do in this arena!"
- Outside of Work and PWEA: Megan reads a variety of fiction; listens to music (everything from bluegrass, choral, and classical to acapella, alternative, and classic rock), enjoys dining out, good wine, close friends, as well as the fine and performing arts; Megan is an active member of Grace United Methodist Church (currently serving as Church Council Secretary); spend as much time as she can with her grandsons and granddaughter, and vacation as often as possible at the beach.
- Favorite NEA Member Benefit is is California Casualty Auto and Homeowners' Insurance. "I saved more than the cost of my annual association dues by switching carriers. Every member should get that free quote!"
- Favorite education-related quote of the moment: "Above all things I hope the education of the common people will be attended to." ~Thomas Jefferson~