Collective Bargaining Forms & Info
Reference & Download
All PWEA Collective Bargaining Documents and Images can be found HERE, including:
– Collective Bargaining One-Pager
– FAQs Page
– Full Size Authorization Card QR Code
– QR Code Work/Lunch Room Flyer
– Bargaining Benefits All Sign
Steps to Achieving Collective Bargaining
First - Research & Signatures
Before we can sit at the table as equals, there are several things that need to occur. Arguably, our MOST IMPORTANT contributions to the process happen RIGHT NOW. First, we have to gather more than 50% + 1 of both Certified & Classified staff, then we have some homework to do.
PWEA Collective Bargaining FAQs
Answers to Questions
Many of you still have a lot of questions about collective bargaining. We’ll do our best throughout this process to get you lots of answers! This group of responses comes from our sister organization, LEA. Much love and thanks for your your work!
PWEA CB Newsfeed
Watersheds, Events, Goals, Oh My!
Stay up to date on any and ALL PWEA Collective Bargaining News, Events, and the rest of this HISTORY MAKING run at collective bargaining rights for you and yours. May we make things better for our students, our coworkers & families, our community, and our worksites!!
PWEA Authorization Card URL
Ready to Sign? CLICK HERE!
Sign the hard-copy card at work in either Spanish or English, scan the QR Code to take you straight to the online version, OR CLICK RIGHT HERE and help make things better for your students and for your entire PWCS family! We deserve a seat at the table!
PWEA Collective Bargaining FAQs
⠀⠀⠀You have questions – We have answers
Mission, Vision & Values of PWEA
To advocate for our students and education professionals and to unite our members with the Prince William community to fulfill the promise of a great public education.
A great public education for every student in Prince William County.
- Commitment: PWEA believes in commitment to its members and the students they serve.
- Collective Action: PWEA believes individuals are strengthened when they work together for the common good. As education professionals, we improve both our professional status and the quality of public education when we unite and advocate collectively.
- Integrity: PWEA believes all education employees should be treated with respect, dignity and integrity.
- Professionalism: PWEA believes the expertise and judgment of education professionals are critical to student success. We expect the highest professional standards from our members, and in turn, we expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals.
What is VEA?
What is NEA?
Where do my dues dollars go?
Do my dues dollars go towards political candidates?
How do I become a member?
Join now using this online form
What are the benefits of membership?
Can anyone become a member?
How much are dues?
Current dues are as follows:
- Full Time Certified: $27.37 per pay
- Half time Certified: $14.17 per pay
- Full time ESP (classified) $14.58 per pay
- Half time ESP (classified) $7.89 per pay
- Substitute: $179.24 for the year
- Food Service and Transportation full time: $17.50 per pay
- Food Service and Transportation part time: $9.47 per pay
How can I get involved?
Who serves on the PWEA Board of Directors?
Can I have a silent witness in a meeting?
Per PWCS Regulation 506.03-1 “When such a conference concerns dismissal, placement on probation, or suspension, or when another supervisor is present at such conference, the employee shall have the right to have present during the conference a silent witness of the employee’s choice other than an attorney.”
You also have the right to know what a meeting will be in advance. If it is one of the scenarios listed above, you have the right to reschedule that meeting until a silent witness can be arranged. A silent witness can be anyone of your choosing, it does not necessarily have to be office staff. Do ask the silent witness to please send a copy of their notes to the PWEA office.
When should I call the office?
- If you are placed on an action plan
- If Child Protective Services (CPS) are involved
- If Police are involved
- If Risk Management is involved
- If you are called in for a disciplinary meeting
- Or if you ever have a question!