PRINCE WILLIAM EDUCATION ASSOCIATION
8510 Bucyrus Ct
Manassas, VA 20110
P (703) 361-2444
F (703) 361-2178
Find Your Rep
Update Your Information
- PWEA Board Position: Treasurer
- Hometown: Carnegie, PA (suburb of Pittsburgh)
- Current Work Assignment: Energy Education Coordinator with PWCS Office of Facilities. I work with the School Divison to help conserve energy!
- Post Secondary Education: University of Mary Washington
- Education Career: Started working in PWCS in September 2005 as a High School Science teacher at Woodbridge HS (Earth Science and AP Environmental Science). In 2012, started work in current role of Energy Management.
- Became an educator...because she was having a "quarter life crisis" There was no original plan to become a teacher, or to work in energy management. There was a high need for Earth Science teachers in 2005, and friends encouraged her to apply thinking she'd make a good teacher. Jennifer fell in love with teaching and had no plans of leaving the classroom until an opportunity arose with the Energy Management Team. Jennifer enjoys working with schools to help conserve energy, become sustainable and save the school division money!
- Chose to serve on the PWEA Board of Directors to bring new ideas and help give a voice to all teachers and education support professionals.
- Outside of Work and PWEA, Jennifer loves to watch movies and take care of her fur-children.
- Favorite NEA Member Benefit is the NEA Magazine.